Sunday, July 8, 2007

Boobs, Bellies and Bachelors

A local artist came in yesterday to hang her photographs in the two smaller rooms. She's a younger woman, a student, and is actually coming in tomorrow to train with us and pick up a couple of shifts per week.

A lot of her photos include boobs, bellies and backsides and I swear there's been an influx of men at my counter today. They come through the hall and into the first room and suddenly their faces are radiating these adolescent sneers and smirks and some of them are elbowing eachother when they sit down.

And I was wondering why there were so many bachelors in this town? Now I know....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the first one to respond to this mighty blog?! Are computers still forbidden in vermomt, as firefly light shines brighter and is much more highly regarded? Yes, you have bountiful Earth, but as far as I can see, you also have tremendous community. The likes of Meg, who (as I stated earlier, to her)seems to do everthing with spirit and intergirty, not to mention good wit. I thrive knowing that the coffee, though just a bean (holy bean), is brewed with that kind of enthusiasm and good vibe. I wish you all the love you are looking for. Keep me in the mix. *mainemamma*

p said...

love the new blog, i can almost smell the roasting beans just by lookin at the color.
its wonderful to read your sardonic humor :)

The Lovin Cup Coffee Blog said...

traci
you can write once a day at least and boost me with that sweet postive goodness of yours. god, i wish you lived closer. what in the world will i do if/when you head to costa rica? come to live with you? open a little cafe on the sea?:)

The Lovin Cup Coffee Blog said...

paula
get your lost navigational butt in here so i can give you a cup of coffee and catch up. sorry we never got around to the naked pics. and now i have tan lines!:)