Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Gittin er Done

I'm about three numbers away from finishing the business plan and may even have it to the bank by Monday.

I'm meeting with my small business guru on Friday... where I'll probably find about forty more things I need to do to make it complete but.... we're close.

I talked to the people who sell credit card machines today, talked to my insurance guy, the graphic design friend and the friend who is going to take over the baking. It's been an exciting day here in the hills. Lots of talk about cinnamon buns, flourless mocha tortes, Italian anise waffle cookies.... workers comp policies, 1.69% on each credit transaction, new faucets!

I've been trying really hard to not put my energy yet into the nesting element of this shop. I'm trying to keep my focus on the numbers instead of the sheetrock that needs to go up in the office space or the floor that needs to be insulated in the kitchen. Once I have this plan to the bank I can enjoy those things... I can look through the gigantic stack of paint samples I picked up today and I can think about where the new furniture will go or what kind of hanging plants to buy for the porch. Bleeding hearts? Begonias?

Opening the shop tomorrow morning is coming quick, though. Time for sleep.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I vote for the bleeding hearts ;)

m.m.crow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Lovin Cup Coffee Blog said...

thanks for being there sarah! you have no idea how nice it was to see you here! i wish you were here brewing coffee with me... making haikus at the counter!