Saturday, September 29, 2007

Holy Shit

When the guides from Trekk Travel came in this week to ask if they could bring in their group of 26 bicyclists on Saturday, they assured me that they would all come staggering in between the hours of 11:30-1pm.

Come noon, all 26 bikers came tapping down the hall in their funny spiked shoes.... plus the regular Johnson Saturday crowd, plus a slew of parents and kids from JSC (Parent's Weekend at the college).

It's now getting on 5pm and I'm sitting down with a salad and taking a breath. The day has been a flurry of sandwiches, soups, dishes and register zone. I * am * so * glad * I * prepped * like * hell * for * this * day!

Hot damn.

Bill came in for a latte before heading across the street to get some work done and got pulled behind the counter to help prep some plates and catch up on the dishes. I think he got stuck back there for an hour and a half.

An hour or so after he left, Word Bob jumped behind the counter to do some more dishes. He got a free lunch.

I just don't think this place is cut out for that kind of volume.

But the tab for Trekk Travel came to almost $300 so I'm not complaining.
Looks like a record day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't forget to have a bowl of ripka with your holy shit!

Anonymous said...

Harris do you really need to ask who I am.