Monday, October 15, 2007

Theory of Relativity

Mondays are slammed at the shop. Most of the other places in town are closed for lunch so everyone piles in to my place.

Today, after my morning help left, I was behind the counter taking it in waves.... except the coming up for breath between waves equated to tackling the sink of mounting dishes. During one rush, I looked over my shoulder to a woman that had been standing at the counter for a few minutes in a pretty blue scarf.

"I'll be with you in just a moment," I tell her, looking her in the eye to let her know I'm not ignoring her.

"Oh, that's okay. I'm fine," she answered, a big smile on her face. "I had malaria last week. I'm just fine now. I can wait."

Wow. How's that for a shift in perspective!?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No THAT is putting things into perspective!
Thanks for the reminder.