Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Keeping Time

Some dude came in the other day with a handful of clocks that he sculpted. Very three dimensional. I took a few to hang in the shop room, along a long strip of upper wall where one clock already hung.

Tonight, my laptop on the counter, drawer counted, waiting for the car to warm up out there in the parking lot of glare ice, I start to hear this rhythm... kind of heartbeat but not quite... more beats to it.

The stereo is turned off, my laptop iTunes is logged off.... I look up and there are five clocks on the wall in front of me... all of the second hands keeping a somewhat different tempo....something I would never notice unless it was this absolute stillness. A stillness that rarely happens in this place. In this business. It's like a Bjork moment. Technology meets peace and quiet... and whatever happens in that space inbetween.

No comments: