Saturday, July 21, 2007

The novelty of ice

I'm sitting here making a capital purchase list to present to the bank. It'll appear somewhere in the appendix of the business plan... basically telling them what smart purchases I'll make with the money they give me.

I'm about ten minutes from being done and the five discs that have been rotating all day in the in the stereo have repeated themselves almost twice just in the time it's taken me to do this work. And the one thing that has gotten me up from this work, and my Long Trail IPA, is the fierce astonishment that there is not one damn icemaker on the market for less than $1,200.- And that's a low ball figure.

I'm sorry. It's a machine that turns water to ice. Is the technology really that advanced?

I'm sick to death of running out of ice here and having to take the money we make from our "rent-a-mouse" to run across the street to the Grand Union in my greasy apron and come back with two bags of ice. But I just don't know that I'm sick enough of it to spend twelve hundred dollars on a god-damn ice machine.

Can someone please explain how one can go out and purchase a ten year old Surburu for the same price as an ice machine? I'm baffled here.

Speaking of those five CD's
I'm afraid there's a serious lack of creativity and motivation here.
It's almost the same, if not totally the same, as yesterday.
Total lack of ingenuity here, I apologize.
Bob Dylan ~ Blood on the Tracks
Jim's Just Listen to It Mix ~ the one that starts with that great Shane McGowan christmas song duet.
G Love and Special Sauce ~ The Hustle
Billy Bragg and Wilco ~ Mermaid Avenue
Leslie Feist and Neko Case mix from Jocelyn

and all of that... playing for twelve hours now.
Tomorrow is a new day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me ease your pain, Meg.

WHATEVER they want to charge you, it's worth it.

BarristerBill said...

Megs, Not really relevant to your last post but note the following:

I just discovered a stress/anxiety reliever better than valium, prozac etc...

The next time you have a long (over 20 minutes)ride somewhere, and it's a warm day/night, roll down the windows of your car and play the extended version (16 minutes) of Pink Floyd's 'Shine on you crazy diamond'. It is essential to turn it up as loud as you can w/o distorting the sound. Maybe the best driving song EVER.

For some reason, if the factors all fall into place, when it's over you get the same relaxing, euphoric rush as if you just received a massage. HA.

Remember - LOUD, WINDOWS DOWN, WARM AIR, NO TALKING. It's nice.

Beej