Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wednesday

Bought myself a comfortable pair of ugly shoes to wear behind the counter here. My feet are a little hot but it beats the heck out of a used pair of low-top Chucks. It's almost 90 degrees here today and the two oscillating fans aren't really cooling things off.

I came in this morning to a long list of things that needed done and an expected order of 12 sandwiches come lunch time.... so it was straight to work, checking off the list.... beans to fill, chicken salad to make, deli meats and cheeses to portion out and date. Iced tea to make, greens to blend and store, pastries to pull and thaw and get into the case before the lunch crowd descends.

The dishes were piling up and Ella was bored to tears until Alex and Tristan were dropped off and they went to the park. From there, they went up to our friend Chase's new restaurant where a perfect little swimming hole lies tucked behind the tree line.

It's after 2pm, my day behind the counter is over and it's time to find some water to sit in. I just emailed my draft of the cash flow chart to my small business guru and am now anxiously awaiting his response. If all goes well, I'll be calling the bank in the next day or two to present it. In the meantime, I just have to write up a resume for the appendix and an "Executive Summary" ~ a glossary/index type cover letter.

And buy more fans. And get some sleep. And take my new comfortable ugly shoes off.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I adore comfortable, ugly shoes...what kind are yours?

Enjoying your blog :)

The Lovin Cup Coffee Blog said...

big black dutch boy Keen shoes!! BUT! i just bought another, prettier pair of little Preva maryjanes.... for summer, of course:)