Saturday, July 28, 2007

Before noon report

I was thinking when I woke up this morning that I might actually get a day behind the counter in temperatures less than ninety degrees. An hour and a half after unlocking the door, I know better.

I can count on my one hand the number of customers that have been in since 8am and they've all but one had iced drinks..... it's now getting on 9am and I've had time to flip through the newspaper, have two quality conversations with customers and now sit and write for just a moment.

I'm still waiting on word about the financial piece of the business plan that I shipped off to the business guru three or four days ago. In the meantime, I've found myself savoring every open moment by taking my fins to my favorite stretch of river, squeezing in a couple of Harry Potter chapters and sleeping in that extra twenty minutes two mornings in a row!

With this humid weather, and summer already starting to feel like it's slipping away, I've taken to keeping the bikini, fins, goggles, and an extra towel permanently stationed in the back of the Suburu.

This week I ordered myself a brand new Dell laptop, which will be loaded with QuickBooks immediately upon it's arrival. Maneuvering my way around that software will be a bit like learning Latin, or maybe Swahili, but that's all possible stuff, right? Inevitable at this point, anyway.....

Bachelors are here. Time to be a barista

No comments: