Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Blip

It's one of those rare moments where I have the laptop open on the counter during business hours. I figure that I'll get three sentences in before people come flooding in. We'll see.

I'll have to lock the doors tonight and head out without taking care of any of the closing duties....come back late night to put it all together for the morning staff. Ella has open house at her school tonight. We'll miss the potluck segment, which I can't say I'm entirely disappointed about. One can only handle so many jello molds and macaroni salads in their lifetime. But we'll get there in time to take the tour of her classroom, meet the parents and teachers, etc. These events are always a little weird. I don't know if I'll ever get used to being the parent of a school aged kid. In my head I'm still trying to rush home in time to sneak the 'poor work notices' out of the mailbox before my folks find them. Those little pink pieces of paper haunted me viciously from third grade till twelfth. I'd have been a perfect candidate for either Ritalin or homeschooling.

Well, that was ten sentences. Forty minutes later. This is getting old.
Signing out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed our visit there today....great vibe (and massage:-))!

As mentioned, we're following Steinbeck's Travels with Charley (www.lynnseldon.com/wordpress)


Cheers,

Lynn Seldon (www.lynnseldon.com)

BarristerBill said...

All my friends are getting older,
I guess I must me too,
Whithout their love and kindness,
I don't know what I'd do,
Oh the wine bottle's half empty,
the money's all been spent,
we're a cross between our parents
and hippies in a tent.
-Jack Johnson, Spring Wind, Verse 1

The Lovin Cup Coffee Blog said...

well put bj.
one thing to remember though. that song, as good as jack johnson might have covered it, was originally written and sung by greg brown... who.... if you haven't listened to yet... you should. good stuff. sexy dude, too. saw him up close at the falcon ridge folk fest and just about fell over.