Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ella was right...

Her new art teacher does look like Uncle Vernon from Harry Potter.
A bit nicer, though.
Says Bean has some real talent.

We missed the jello molds... got there just as the principal was announcing that the parents could now take a look around and get the tour. Ella walked us through her classroom and their daily routine, we visited the book fair where she purchased a marker that smelled like buttered popcorn, and I tried hiding my many yawns... the thoughts of coming back to the shop after the open house just lingering like bad mosquito bites in the back of my head.

We came home, ate what little food we could find in the house (since mom has no time any more for things like grocery shopping and daily household maintenance), I read a bit of the first Harry Potter to Els, and said my goodbyes and goodnights.

I'll be back at 6am to open. I should have just brought my feather blanket and curled up on the couch.... have myself a one person slumber party. I could have brought our portable dvd player and Ella's buttered popcorn marker.

No comments: