Thursday, March 6, 2008

SuperStar-dom

The Burlington Free Press, the only real newspaper up here, has a Weekend section that comes with the Thursday paper. It highlights up and coming events and has nice little features about local businesses and practitioners. Last week, there was a small article calling for folks to write in about their favorite Burlington coffee shops. We're about an hour from Burlington but I photocopied the blip anyway and taped it to the two computers in the shop, highlighting the deadline and the email address to send to. I then pressured my patrons to sit down and sing my praises. I emailed the info to friends and pleaded that they do the same.

That was last Thursday. This morning, I glided on the ice to the front porch and found the paper, all rolled up in it's little plastic bag and got suddenly excited that it was Thursday and, if everyone played their cards right, I might just be finding The Lovin Cup featured in the paper!

I came in, unrolled the paper, pulled the Weekend section out and among the two dozen or so Burlington shops was our little oasis in the desert! All the way up here, away from the city. It read:

Lovin Cup Cafe
38 Lower Main West
Johnson, Vt. 05656

A dozen Johnson residents didn't want us
to miss the Lovin Cup Cafe. "As soon as you walk
into that place you get this feeling of warmth
and friendship," Dana Decker says.
"The owner is adorable and she makes the best
machiatos and chai chargers I have ever had.
The maple scones are to die for. I love that place.
I love hanging out there. I love the staff. I love the owner and I love
the customers!"

Yay for exposure!! Yah for Dana's overflow of love love love.
Even if the above mentioned Dana Decker is one of my best hometown friends who I bribed to write about us and even if she's not totally objective about my adorable-ness and ability to make a good chai. I love the irony that of all the locals who wrote in, the one person they pick to quote lives three hours south and is posing as a regular. But whatever. Now we're famous.

No comments: